Monday 21 March 2016

Mr Keenan please fix

After the 6 hour public transport discovery journey to lodge at Brisbane I have had to write to the Minister fro Justice Mr Keenan to ask him to solve the problem of a possible liberal party member running the High Court registry in Sydney.

You are in charge of the High Courts, in so much as your department employs the public servants.
Is the registrar of the Sydney office of the High Court a liberal party member or does he have family members with connections in the party?

I ask because I tried to lodge at the High Court post box in the Brisbane Federal court registry yesterday.  They faxed the papers to Mr Grey at Sydney instead of the Canberra High Court.  Mr Grey took about 8 minutes to read 25 pages of documentation and say he rejects because of rule 27.

Rule 27 has 70 parts, one part does not comply, that of the notification time for in Australia or Overseas.  The respondent is an MP known to flit about the world don his gold card,the day I lodged he was in transit to London. Goodness knows where he is today.  Rule 6.01 of the High Court rules allows for this and special circumstances but Mr Grey being in Sydney refused to talk to me about it.
He refused to explain which of the 70 parts of rule 27 other than the service was at fault.

I asked Mr Grey on 3 occasions prior to lodging about the where is Abbott part of rule 27 amongst other problems and he refused to answer my emails.

will you please ask Mr Grey to transfer the lodgement applications forms or what ever  he wants to call them to the Canberra High  Court and ask the registrar there to explain which of the 70 parts of rule 27 is at fault.

would you like a copy of the paperwork sent to your office for your professionals to check?

I have had legal advice from professors of constitutional law at two major universities and lawyers throughout the country. unfortunately all are terrified of being blacklisted by the liberal party and demand to remain anonymous.  hence my lodging as a private individual.

I know it is highly unlikely the MPs involved in the party would resort to black listing but there are 60,000 members of the party running at least 30,000 businesses in this country. That is what lawyers are afraid of,those potential customers not employing them. 

The basis of the lodgement is in this http://tonymagrathea.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/lodged-in-federal-court.html and links to documents are in my blog.  Of course those documents weren't used in the High Court, one of the constitutional professors suggested I try the Federal court first, because that is where the case will end up and it gives me a back door look at what is needed by the courts.  Except for the liberal hack in the Sydney registry all would be fine. 

I don't blame people being members of political parties, I was once a member of the Scottish Nationals because I met and liked Mr Salmond, but senior public servants should be able to separate work and play.

I do hope you can have the High Court in Canberra examine the documents and determine which of the 70 points in rule 27 is at fault, except as I said the service in Australia or overseas which will be solved using rule 6.01.

It is very poor public service practice for a senior staffer like Mr Grey to refuse to talk to someone lodging papers especially when those papers are lodged 1500km away.  And to be hung up on by another staff member because I asked for the part of Rule 27 at fault is not what the public service is about.  I am ex Defence Signals Directorate,Taxation, ABS and know about service and what public servants are there to do.

I look forward to your response so this fiasco can be sorted before the election.



The bit down the bottom that paid for the printing,the photocopying,the envelopes and stamps and phone calls.  The trips to Brisbane and caffeine top ups from 5am until home time. The trips to Brisbane are a 6 hour round trip public transport adventure.  Thanks to everyone who has clicked on this in the last year or so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment